This is Sam's mom. I started this blog as a place to record what Sam says. Last Thursday, February 8, at the age of almost sixteen, Sam spelled his first independently initiated message. The lesson was about the history of Valentine's Day. Sam has just recently started to learn how to use the 26-letter board which allows him more flexibility to answer open-ended questions and share his thoughts. The last question of the lesson was, "What is the emotion that Valentine's Day celebrates?" Sam replied:
LOVE
But he kept his hand up so I said, "I think he wants to say something else!" So the teacher kept the board up and Sam spelled:
MOM
GRIFFIN
DAD
LISA
(Griffin is his big brother who moved back home recently, and Lisa is his wonderful helper and Seminary teacher who was in the room.)
Our first valentine from Sam!
#gratefulmom
No comments:
Post a Comment