Thursday, March 15, 2018

I Caught Him Reading

Yesterday Jackson's book came in the mail and I read it in one day. Simply mind-blowing and delightful. My plan was to have Lisa read it to Sam tomorrow but I thought he might not want to wait so I read him a chapter. When I closed the book, he remained in the same position lying on his tummy on the bed and his eyes were still on the book. The back cover with the description was facing him and his eyes were LOCKED on it. I realized, "He's reading this!" His eyes are often all over the place and I've never seen him do anything like this in my life. His eyes looked just like the eyes of someone who is reading a book. I held it there until he looked away and I knew he was done.

Autism and How My Brain Works

No comments:

Post a Comment