Thursday, August 16, 2018

Youth Activity at the Park

We were supposed to meet at the park above the beach to surf with the young men from church but the leader in charge decided the conditions were not great so decided to play a ball game in the park. I had invited one of our good friends who is a nonspeaking speller and for the first hour it was just us and the other leaders and it was super cool for Sam and his other nonspeaking speller friend to be together at a church activity! It's going to be even more exciting when they can talk to each other, but just the feeling that they were not the only ones like them must have been so special! I know I felt such a sense of companionship and camaraderie being with another autism speller parent! Sam's friend went up to him and rubbed him under the chin and was SO happy to see him! He's the only person this young man did this with.

No comments:

Post a Comment